SDF bombed city of Azaz causing 8 injuries
Today, Friday, January 20, 2023, the Syrian Democratic Forces (SDF) bombed residential neighbourhoods in the city of Azaz in the northern countryside of Aleppo, with artillery, injuring 8 civilians, including 3 children and a woman, some of them seriously injured. Civil Defence team rushed them to local hospitals to receive the necessary treatment.
Names of the injured:
- Fouad Hamdi bin Mahmoud, 54 years old
- Thuraya Hajj Hussein, 40 years old
- Muhammad Ahmad Khalaf, 17 years old
- Louay Mahmoud Mariamini, 31 years old
- Muhammad Nour Faisal Idris, 21 years old
- Two injured, whose names to be identified
We at the Syrian Human Rights Committee condemn the violations committed by the SDF militia, its targeting of civilian facilities, and we demand that it completely stop committing these violations. We also call on the international community to put pressure on the SDF militia to stop these violations and hold the perpetrators accountable.