At exactly 8.45am on the 3rd May 2017, an unknown car laden with explosives was detonated in front of the local council building in the centre of I’zaz city- controlled by the Syrian Free Army- in northern rural Aleppo, causing a massacre as a result.
The explosion killed five people, amongst them an officer of the free police of I’zaz city, as well as injuring over ten others with moderate and minor injuries.
The explosion also caused moderate material damage to the neighbouring “Maytam Mosque”, which lay only three metres away from the site of the explosion, leaving a wall demolished, as well as destroying the windows.
The local council building, which belongs to the Syrian Interim Government, was also damaged.
Names of Victims:
- Mohammed Hamdu al-Ahdab (an officer of the Syrian Free Police- he is the first of this police force to have been killed)
- Abbas Fadhil
- Arkan Mohammed Yunus
In addition to two unidentified civilians.
Names of the injured who were taken to I’zaz Hospital:
- Nizar Akkash (12 years). He is from Mar’anaz and sustained minor injuries
- Mahmoud Shahimah (50 years). He is from I’zaz and sustained a minor injury
- Mohammed Nouri al-Dahir (27 years). He is from I’zaz and sustained a minor injury
- Asmaa Hussain Ashawi (20 years). She was injured in the chest.