Syrian and Russian war planes continue their intense bombing campaign on Aleppo city for the third consecutive day, having killed a total of 68 people by 6pm on Sunday evening. The use of vacuum missiles, cluster bombs and phosphorous bombs have all been recorded during this assault.
SHRC has documented four massacres in the city until this moment of writing, alongside large acts of bombing across 24 areas in Aleppo. The crimes which have been recorded include:
- The district of Tareeq al-Bab: 11 killed by war plane bombing (believed to be Russian)
- The district of al-Maysar: 7 killed by vacuum missile bombing
- The district of Bustan al-Basha: 7 killed by barrel bombs
- The district of al-Halak: 5 killed vacuum missile bombing
- The district of Qadi ‘Askar: Four were killed by barrel bombs
- The district of Salahidin: Three were killed by cluster bombs
- The district of al-Zibdiah: Three were killed by vacuum missile bombing
Barrel bombs dropped on the district of Masakin Hanano led to the destruction of a civil defence centre, causing large material damage to machinery situated there.