This massacre follows four days of incessant targeting of the market- the city of Douma witnessed a large massacre on 12/8/2015 when the market was targeted and around 35 people were killed.
Today’s massacre of Douma’s popular market raises the number of market massacres which have taken place in August so far to eight massacres.
This massacre is the largest to have taken place in 2015.
Victims names that have been identified so far include:
1. Kasim al-Mansi
2. Sameer al-Hamouri (Abu Salaah)
3. Ahmed Abdul Nafi’
4. Muwafaq Fouad al-Hamrawi (Abu Shakir)
5. Mahmoud Muhdar Shamiah (Abu Sayaah)
6. Omar Muhdar Shamiah (Abu Faris)
7. Ibrahim Abdul Aziz Suweidan (Abu Mahir)